When you have received approval to operate a real estate school and want course approval, the Department requires:
- An authorized school representative to submit an application for course approval (Application for Certificate of Course Approval (ED-102) for live instruction (prelicense or Continuing Education - "CE" courses) or Application for Approval of Distance Learning Course (ED-104) for qualifying distance learning CE courses (See R4-28-101 and R4-28-402), as applicable) or (Application for Certificate of Course Approval (ED-111) for online instruction (online pre licensing).
- Attach a brief outline (1-2 pages, in 2-3 level outline format) and identify the objective(s) of the course -- What will the student gain from attending your course?
- A statement that the school will teach students the identified course objectives during a minimum of 90 hours of classroom instruction
- A statement identifying the teaching method(s), textbooks, and handouts to be used. An outline for a continuing education course needs to show the approximate amount of time to be spent on the various topics.
- Identify (list on the application) the proposed instructors. If currently approved for similar courses, that's all you need to do. If the Department hasn't previously approved the instructor, submit a completed and signed Application For Real Estate Instructor Approval Form (ED-101), and attach documentation to demonstrate his or her qualifications for instructor approval (see R4-28-404 C). You may also need to demonstrate the basis for their qualifications (knowledge or skill) to teach the course material. If the instructor has been approved by the Department but has not previously been approved for the content or topic proposed, then you'll need to demonstrate the basis for their qualifications on that topic.